| || |
Yeah, I know you're spending most of the summer in shorts, sandals, and sunscreen, but what do you do when you need to dress up? Weddings, picnics, hot dates, and work functions are great occasions for sporting ties--but how do you do that without looking like you've forgotten what season it is?
Here are some tips to help you look awesome, dressed-up, and season appropriate all at the same time. (I also put a bunch in the Butch Store
- Instead of silk, try lighter fabrics, like cotton, seersucker, and even linen. It will keep your neck cooler and look less heavy, too.
- Check out checks. Madras (e.g., the bow tie at right) keep getting hotter. Pair with a white shirt for a nice crisp summer pop. A big bold gingham's nice, too.
- Go for light colors. Maybe you usually prefer black, grey, and dark purple ties. Me too. But summer's the time to try some new looks. Yellow, lime, and lilac are all in. You're butch enough to give pastels a shot, aren't you? ;)
| || |
- Think skinny. In winter, I usually recommend that husky butches avoid skinny ties. But summer style is more forgiving. If you've been hankering to try a skinny tie, now's the time. If you're not sure, go narrow instead of skinny--say, 2.5-inches wide.
- Get preppy. Don't shy away from seersucker, khakis, or boat shoes. Prepsters used to have a monopoly on this stuff, but not anymore!
Check out the Butch Store
for a bunch more great ties. There's linen, cotton, orange madras, and plenty more. Have another summer fashion questions? Just drop me a line