I'm grateful to my fellow bloggers, who always have something interesting to say, keep me on my toes, and comment thoughtfully on BW. I don't know if these folks know how religiously I read them, but I do(!). And I wanted to highlight some of my favorite posts from the past couple of months:
- Mainely Butch writes about the things she loves most about being visibly butch... and the things she finds the most awkward. My experiences are a little different from hers (though there's certainly some overlap), and I loved reading her lists.
- Butch on Tap gives lots of advice for staying sane through a breakup. I think all of it is terrific, except for the part about avoiding Ben & Jerry's, which seems to me a little rash.
- Butchtastic Kyle writes a terrifically interesting account of coming out to his parents (sort of accidentally) in high school.
- Neutrois Nonsense shares advice about things to do before, during, and after top surgery. (No, I have no interest in getting top surgery, but a friend of mine is planning on it.) She said it was super helpful, so I thought you all might like it, too. (It can also help you help a friend.)
- Bren of Diffuse 5 writes a great post on breast-binding for beginners. I prefer not to wear anything more binding than a nice sturdy sports bra, but if you want to experiment with something more, this is a must-read.
- Can I Help You Sir sometimes posts these great catch-all "links and whatnot" entries. They always contain interesting stuff, and this latest one is no exception.
- DapperQ, always a fun read, has this great post that illustrates some basic how-tos, like tying a bow tie, with amusing old-timey pictures.
- mx.punk has this interesting, thoughtful post on "Internet pansexuals," and takes issue with the statement, "Love shouldn't be based on something as trivial as gender."
What else have you been reading online lately?