- How do you define "butch?" Does butch necessarily mean "female?"
- Write a letter from your 2013 self to your 2003 self--maybe to give younger self some insight; maybe to prepare you for the next decade.
- Would we all be better off without any labels?
- What is your butch "style?" How is it different (if it's different at all, which it needn't be) from being a man?
- Describe how some other identity you have (race, religion, social class, whatever) interacts with your sexual orientation.
Over the next month or two, I will post several of the most interesting, thought-provoking answers I receive. Please email me your entries, along with the following information:
- Which question you are answering
- How you'd like your name to appear (if at all--anonymous is fine)
- A link to your website (optional--I'll publish it with your entry)
- Your mailing address (also optional--a few lucky folks may win a prize)
I reserve the right to edit these as I see fit for grammar, length, clarity, etc., but I'll do so as sparingly as possible. No minimum or maximum length, but anywhere between 150 and 750 words is great. You don't need to identify as butch, or as gay, or as anything else, to submit an entry.
I can't wait to read these! (And yes, if you'd like to answer more than one, feel free--just make sure to send each answer in a separate email.)