- My partner and I have begin milking goats as part of this urban farm/community service thing, which makes us officially the gayest people IN THE WORLD.
- We got to celebrate my parents' 40th anniversary with them. FORTIETH! As in, 40 years. Whoa. It was pretty rad. Fact: The older I get, the more I love my parents.
- According to Facebook, literally everyone I know between the ages of 23 and 39 is having a baby. Literally everyone. So if I know you and you don't have a baby yet and you think you aren't having one, think again. I bet you are. (Full disclosure: my partner and I have no baby plans. I think it's because she's not on Facebook.)
- I finished Michel Faber's The Crimson Petal and the White, which was the most interesting and best-written book I've read (well, "read"--I listened on Audible and it was the second-longest book I've ever listened to, right after David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest).
- Which reminds me! I made a new page on the Butch Store for LGBTQ books! Just butch-relevant stuff, though eventually I'd like to have a page full of fiction and non-fiction recs. But this is a good place to start. Explore! Enjoy! Let me know what you think!
- I was briefly obsessed with "Broadchurch," which is a British crime show in which small-town characters are tortured by various things in their pasts against breathtaking oceanside backdrops.
- Attended a wedding reception for two men in their 60s who were closeted for over 20 years.
What have you been up to, dear readers? I wonder if this means I'm back. I think it might.